The ZZγ triple neutral gauge couplings are absent in the Standard Model (SM) at the tree level. They receive no contributions from dimension-6 effective operators, but can arise from effective operators of dimension-8. We study the scale of new physics associated with such dimension-8 operators that can be probed by measuring the reaction e+e−→Zγ followed by Z→ℓˉℓ,νˉν decays, at future e+e− colliders including the CEPC, FCC-ee, ILC and CLIC. We demonstrate how angular distributions of the final-state mono-photon and leptons can play a key rôle in suppressing SM backgrounds. We further demonstrate that using electron/positron beam polarizations can significantly improve the signal sensitivities. We find that the dimension-8 new physics scale can be probed up to the multi-TeV region at such lepton colliders.
Highlights | Probing the scale of new physics in the ZZγ coupling at e+e− colliders
- A SCOAP3 participating journal - free Open Access publication for qualifying articles
- Average 24 days to first decision
- Fast-track publication for selected articles
- Subscriptions at over 3000 institutions worldwide
- Free English editing on all accepted articles
- Impact factor of Chinese Physics C is 2.463 in 2019
- Chinese Physics C: 2019 Reviewer Awards
- FUTURE PHYSICS PROGRAMME OF BESIII
- Happy New Year !
- 2019 CPC Top Reviewer Awards